CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"No Time For A Pity Party"

Those were the words that Al Sharpton used this morning when speaking on what happened last night.

I COMPLETELY agree.

Instead of sitting around wallowing in our loss, we need to pick ourselves up and worry about what we need to do to make it through while the House is being controlled by the opposition.

Let me begin by saying that I'm not a political strategist, I'm not "versed" in the school of politics, nor do I consider myself qualified to make suggestions that will better this country. 

I AM saying that I'm a VERY intelligent guy that knows enough about politics to make a statement or two.  I've watched the nation go up and down from changes in politicians and their decisions. I've seen and felt the effects of these changes and decisions. I am the person willing to educate my fellow Americans on why I vote the way that I vote. . .why I believe what I believe.

But to the subject at hand.  We don't have time to cry over spilled milk.  We have work to do.

Several Democrats that were in office for a long time were ousted out.  They weren't put out because Republicans could do a better job. . .but because the constituents refused to vote for someone that was not working for them. My suggestion: Do more! You were voted in by these people. . .they can surely vote you out! Don't come campaigning to these people a month before your election or re-election.  You have to involve your voters on a daily basis.  You had all the time in the world to talk to them prior to elections and you didn't.  You have to keep the American people energized or you will face the problem you did last night.

Be more active.  If you get elected, we expect you to do something.  You cannot just sit around and be just another face.  That will get you nowhere.

Learn to compromise.  The American people have suffered because Republicans and Democrats alike have found something and stood on it. . .even if it were sinking.  We don't give a damn about your personal problems.  We don't want you to stop progress if it comes from the opposite side of the table. . .just because you are a Democrat! Learn to come to some type of middle ground. . .because if you don't. . .we will put into place someone that we think will!

 Make a decision and stick with it! A lot of Dems fell away or pulled away from the president because they were scared that they would lose their positions.  Are you serious?! The LAST thing we as voters want, is someone that is either wishy-washy or someone that is going to flip. . .or someone is going to be cautious because of personal reasons.  You are not in office because of personal reasons, but because WE put you there!

And lastly. . .Mr. President. . .while I agree with ALL the moves and policies that you have put into place. . .you are now in a position where you are going to be forced to negotiate.  My suggestion is that you keep the people up to speed with what you are doing.  If we don't feel involved. . .there is no way you are going to make it into the primaries next term.  I hate to place the ball in your court, but unfortunately, it is.  You will need to make GREAT strides. . .with or without the help Dems.  You will have to use the power that is vested in you and take some chances instead of being safe.  You cannot give into what people think of you.  Your popularity with the people is not as important as giving them what they want.

You are going to have to take on the Bush ethics as times.  As much as I hate to say it, Bush did what he thought he should do. . .with or without the approval of others.  You NEED to do that.  You need to establish yourself as making the choices.  You are going to have to learn to be a HARDASS!

Now get to work! We are counting on you!

0 comments: