CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Day After. . .

Get ready people. . .I've got a lot on my mind.  I've got a lot of complaining to get off of my chest, I've got some proposed solutions, I've got some finger pointing to do as well.  Please be aware that today is DEFINITELY going to be a multi-post day.  So much keeps coming to mind at different times, so I will spill my guts all over this keyboard until I've got it all out.


I am MAJORLY depressed. Obviously as a Democrat, I witnessed the Republicans SMASH us last night, making history. But even more depressing. . .as a BLACK man. . .as an AFRICAN AMERICAN. . .I felt completely defeated by WHITE AMERICA who were determined to have a show of force, not against policy, but against one lone black man that they thought got too big for his britches. This was a show that they aren't going to tolerate a BLACK AMERICA. They weren't going to tolerate LATIN AMERICA. This is their country and they want it back. . .mind you. .. THEY are the only one's to STEAL it.

Last night was a statement of WHITE SUPREMACY. . .whether anyone wants to admit it or not. It was an uprising of racists, bigots, and people afraid that karma was going to bite them in the ass.  It was an outcry of "Taking America Back". . .but from whom? A black man? A black race? The "minorities"?

What's worse is. . .IN THEIR MINDS. . .LAST NIGHT. . .THAT'S WHAT THEY DID

I'm sure that today is the day of gloating for many whites and many Republicans. This is the day that reality sinks in for broken-hearted Democrats and minorities alike.  Especially for those that worked so hard to get out the vote.  For those that worked so hard to support their president.  For those that worked so hard to make change come about after dealing with 8 years of a President who didn't give a damn about them.

Throughout all of this. . .lessons can and will be learned. . .and we will eventually have to get over what has happened, so we as Democrats and Black America can make it through this day and the day after.

0 comments: